CCNA Course Content
Prerequisites: Basic computing PC trouble shooting knowledge
Operation of IP Data Networks
- Operation of IP Data Networks
- Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs.
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification.
- Identify common applications and their impact on the network
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Predict the data flow between two hosts across a network.
- Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco network devices to other network devices and hosts in a LAN
LAN Switching Technologies
- Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management.
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and SSH.
- Identify enhanced switching technologies
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them.
- Working with basic ios concepts, administrative tasks and the physical connections of Cisco switches
- Configure enhanced switching technologies, VLAN, trunk, 802.1Q, including VTP, port sec and STP
- Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual stack
- Describe IPv6 addresses
IP Routing Technologies
- Describe basic routing concepts
- Describe the boot process of Cisco IOS routers
- Configure and verify utilizing the CLI to set basic Router configuration
- Configure and verify operation status of a device interface, both serial and ethernet
- Verify router configuration and network connectivity
- Configure and verify routing configuration for a static or default route given specific routing requirements
- Manage Cisco IOS Files
- Differentiate methods of routing and routing protocols
- Passive Interfaces
- Configure and verify OSPF (single area)
- Configure and verify EIGRP (single AS)
- Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router
- Describe the types, features, and applications of ACLs
- Configure and verify ACLs in a network environment
- Identify the basic operation of NAT
- Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
- Configure and verify NTP as a client Network Time Protocol
- Recognize High availability (FHRP) – First Hop Redundancy Protocol
- Configure and verify Syslog
- Describe SNMP v2 & v3
- Configure and verify network device security features such as
- Configure and verify Switch Port Security features such as
- Configure and verify ACLs to filter network traffic
- Configure and verify an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
- Identify different WAN Technologies
- Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
- Configure and verify a PPP connection between Cisco routers
- Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers
- Implement and troubleshoot PPPoE
- Identify and correct common network problems
- Utilize net flow data
- Troubleshoot and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve VLAN problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve trucking problems on Cisco switches
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Spanning Tree operation issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve routing issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve OSPF problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve EIGRP problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Inter VLAN routing problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve ACL issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve WAN implementation issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Layer 1 problems